struts-user mailing list archives

From programmie...@gmx.ch
Subject Tiles: Upgrade from struts2-tiles3-plugin to struts2-tiles-plugin gives a NoSuchDefinitionException => Same Problem can be reproduces with struts2-showcase-2.5.10.1
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:24:29 GMT
Hi

I have  a pretty strange behaviour with my Struts2 Webapplication, to be
precise with struts2-tiles-plugin (Version 2.5.10.1) after upgrading to
Struts Version 2.5.10.1.

Before upgrade I was using struts2-tiles3-plugin (delivered by maven)
witch just worked fine. After upgrading to struts2-tiles-plugin
(corresponding to https://struts.apache.org/docs/tiles-plugin.html)
tiles3 is not working anymore. It provides a NoSuchDefinitionException.
With the "old" struts2-tiles3-plugin everything works fine. After trying
around I found out, that this behaviour only appears on Windows-Systems:

On Windows: struts2-tiles-plugin (Version 2.5.10.1) delivers a
NoSuchDefinitionException

On Linux (Ubuntu 16.4): struts2-tiles-plugin (Version 2.5.10.1) works
fine => same source (same war-file) and same Tomcat-Version

Then I just thought "give it a try with struts2-showcase-2.5.10.1.war"
=> And voilĂ , the showcase-Application has exact the same behaviour.
Deployed on a Windows 10 System the showcase-Application delivers a
NoSuchDefinitionException. Same war deployed on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
works like a charm.

Is this a bug in struts2-tiles3-plugin or do I miss something?

Thanks for your help!

Ralph

...and Please excuse my bad english...