struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts losing parameters
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:04:34 GMT
There is a hardcode limit to grow a collection but it looks like it
wasn't documented - feel free to open a ticket in JIRA.

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/ognl/accessor/XWorkListPropertyAccessor.java#L50
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4620

Define the following constant in struts.xml to increase the limit
<constant name="xwork.autoGrowCollectionLimit" value="1234"/>

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> We’re having a problem where struts (2.5.10.1) is losing parameters that were passed
to an action from a form. Our form is submitting values for a list of checkboxes like this:

> selected[0]: true
> selected[1]: true
> selected[2]: false
> selected[3]: true
> selected[499]: false
> selected[500]: true
>
> This corresponds to a variable in our action that looks like:
> private List<Boolean> selected;
> //getter() and setter() here.
>
> The issue we’re having is that when we get into our action code, the “selected”
list only ever has the first 256 items that we submitted. I manually pulled the list of parameters
out of the ActionContext, and they were all there, so I think the problem is probably happening
in the Params Interceptor.

> I tried changing our List<> variable to an Array[5000], and then it populated everything
correctly. So my best guess is that the interceptor is initializing a list with a size of
256, but then it doesn’t expand the size correctly once the initial list has filled up.

> This same code was working fine a year or so ago, but I’m not sure when it stopped
working or what version of struts we were on at the time.