struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gopal, Siva Prakash (US - Mechanicsburg)" <sigo...@DELOITTE.com>
Subject RE: RE: Struts upgrade issue
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 13:12:44 GMT
I have decompiled class file and looked on the logic's

RadioHandler.java --> generate() method.

Thanks,
Siva

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Lenart [mailto:lukaszlenart@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 4:17 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: Re: RE: Struts upgrade issue

<sigopal@deloitte.com>:
> Hi All,
>

> we have identified issues between radio button generation under RadioHandler.java under
struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.20 and struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.32

> struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.20
> for(Iterator itt = MakeIterator.convert(listObj); itt.hasNext(); stack.pop())
> {
> Object item = itt.next();
> stack.push(item);
> Object itemKey = findValue(listKey == null ? "top" : listKey);
> String itemKeyStr = StringUtils.defaultString(itemKey != null ? itemKey.toString() :
null);
> Object itemValue = findValue(listValue == null ? "top" : listValue);
> String itemValueStr = StringUtils.defaultString(itemValue != null ? itemValue.toString()
: null);
> String id = (new StringBuilder()).append(params.get("id")).append(itemKeyStr).toString();
> Here id is generated by appending with key value
>
> struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.32
> for(Iterator itt = MakeIterator.convert(listObj); itt.hasNext(); stack.pop())
> {
> Object item = itt.next();
> stack.push(item);
> Object itemKey = findValue(listKey == null ? "top" : listKey);
> String itemKeyStr = StringUtils.defaultString(itemKey != null ? itemKey.toString() :
null);
> Object itemValue = findValue(listValue == null ? "top" : listValue);
> String itemValueStr = StringUtils.defaultString(itemValue != null ? itemValue.toString()
: null);
> String id = (new StringBuilder()).append(params.get("id")).append(Integer.toString(cnt++)).toString();
> Here id is generated by appending with count of list items
>
> Because of these changes, we need to modify the jsp/javascription function in all our
application.

I cannot find such code in the RadioHandler.java

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/support-2-3/plugins/javatemplates/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/views/java/simple/RadioHandler.java#L45-L92

> if we are not upgrading to next struts 2.3.20 (using struts2-javatemplates-plugin-2.3.20
along with strut2-cord 2.3.32 version)

> we are getting below error
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/struts2/util/ComponentUtils.isExpression(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
> at org.apache.struts2.views.java.simple.DynamicAttributesHandler.processDynamicAttributes(DynamicAttributesHandler.java:48)
> at org.apache.struts2.views.java.simple.DynamicAttributesHandler.start(DynamicAttributesHandler.java:41)

You cannot mix different versions

> Do we have any alternate option to resolve this issue

Not yet as I cannot identify the source code.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1