struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dao Cong Hung (FSU17.BU68)" <Hun...@fsoft.com.vn.INVALID>
Subject RE: Pass a parameter from action to other action with type result "chain"
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:07:13 GMT
Thanks you very much. I know how to do it!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Lenart [mailto:lukaszlenart@apache.org]
Sent: Dienschdàà 28 März 2017 16:57
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Pass a parameter from action to other action with type result "chain"

<HungDC@fsoft.com.vn.invalid>:
> Thanks you, So if I convert struts1 to Struts2 in file config.xml.
> <forward name="error"      path="/ action2.do?name=close " />  it keep request
at the action2
> So with struts2 type result  the same forward except "chain"

Nope, there is no "forward to action" result in Struts2, the closest approach is to use "chain"
but it isn't recommended. Since you're migrating the project maybe it would be a good idea
to rethink some patterns, which worked well in Struts1 but not in Struts2 - Struts2 is a totally
different framework and uses different patterns.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/