struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dao Cong Hung (FSU17.BU68)" <Hun...@fsoft.com.vn.INVALID>
Subject RE: Pass a parameter from action to other action with type result "chain"
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:48:49 GMT
Thanks you, So if I convert struts1 to Struts2 in file config.xml.
<forward name="error"      path="/ action2.do?name=close " />  it keep request at the
action2
So with struts2 type result  the same forward except "chain"

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Lenart [mailto:lukaszlenart@apache.org]
Sent: Dienschdàà 28 März 2017 15:40
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Pass a parameter from action to other action with type result "chain"

<HungDC@fsoft.com.vn.invalid>:
> I don't understand what are you meaning.You can suggest me .Because I want to keep request
of action1 in action2 by way to use type result "chain"

Using action chaining isn't recommended, instead it's better to re-think why do you want to
do it and use some other result type:
https://struts.apache.org/docs/action-chaining.html

but if you want to do it you must define exactly the same getters/setters in both actions
to pass static params, and you must define this on action level not on result level, see the
example:
https://github.com/apache/struts-examples/tree/master/action-chaining

Regards
--