struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migrating 2.3.17 to 2.5.8 s:url works differently
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:20:30 GMT
> My mistake it is 2.3.30.

Ok, now it makes sense :)

> On 1/17/17, 11:44 PM, "Lukasz Lenart" <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     Struts 2.3.17? There was no such release, you are using unstable test
>     build which could have bugs (that's why it wasn't promoted to be an
>     official release, a GA)
>
>     http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html#PriorReleases

>     > In our current 2.3.17 app we have working in  s:urls in the form of <s:url
var="remoteurl" action="jsonGenericGrid?gridType=ANL" />
>     > But generate the message is no Action mapped for namespace [/anl] and action
name [sonGenericGrid] associated  where the  jsp is anl/grid.jsp with version 2.5.8

And maybe that's the issue, a typo "[sonGenericGrid]" ? ^^

>     > I worked around the issue by changing the url to <s:url var="remoteurl" action="jsonGenericGrid?gridType=ANL"
namespace="/" />
>     > Is this a bug or the way things work in 2.5.8?
>
>     Not sure if I get it right - you have a <s:url/> inside a <s:form/>
>     where the form is defined in a namespace "/anl", right? If so, the
>     <s:url/> will inherit the namespace from parent or will use the
>     current namespace if not specified - that's how it works all the time.

Anyway, I cannot reproduce the mentioned behaviour, <s:url/> inherits
the current namespace if attribute "namespace" was not defined.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/