struts-user mailing list archives

From "ronald.a.andersen@gmail.com"<ronald.a.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: convention plugin struts.xml interceptors
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:10:28 GMT

On 2016-10-31 15:58 (-0400), Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
> <ronald.a.andersen@gmail.com>:
> > My actions are working fine by following the convention rules - no struts.xml required;
I need to configure a custom interceptor, so struts.xml is required. As soon as I add the
struts.xml, the following exception is returned:

> > Oct 30, 2016 1:54:22 PM org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher error
> > SEVERE: Exception occurred during processing request: No result defined for action
net.codejava.struts.LoginAction and result success
> > No result defined for action net.codejava.struts.LoginAction and result success
> >
> > How can the struts.xml be configured to ignore the action or how can the convention
plugin override the struts.xml? Do not want to add the LoginAction to the struts.xml

> Can you post content of your struts.xml? I think you have defined a
> main package and that's why such action isn't available.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> Hi Lakasz

Below is the struts.xml and LoginAction (for reference). Using default for  package name in
struts.xml:
Just want to use the conventional plugin and struts.xml for interceptors but no actions defined
in struts.xml via conventional plugin

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
	"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.3//EN"
	"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.3.dtd">
<struts>
	<!-- constant to define result path locations to project root directory -->
	<constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/"></constant>

	<package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
        <interceptors>
            <interceptor name="myCustomInterceptor" class="net.codejava.struts.MyCustomInterceptor"
/>
            <interceptor-stack name="customStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="myCustomInterceptor"/>
            </interceptor-stack>
        </interceptors>
    </package>

</struts>

package net.codejava.struts;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.annotations.EmailValidator;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.annotations.RequiredStringValidator;

public class LoginAction extends ActionSupport {
	/**
	 *
	 */
	private static final long serialVersionUID = -7413249884096556212L;
	private String email;
	private String password;

	public String execute() {
		if (email != null && email.equals("admin@codejava.net")) {
			return SUCCESS;
		} else {
			return INPUT;
		}
	}

	@RequiredStringValidator(message = "Please enter your e-mail address.")
	@EmailValidator(message = "Please enter a valid e-mail address.")
	public void setEmail(String email) {
		this.email = email;
	}

	@RequiredStringValidator(message = "Please enter your password.")
	public void setPassword(String password) {
		this.password = password;
	}

	public String getEmail() {
		return email;