struts-user mailing list archives

From "ronald.a.andersen@gmail.com"<ronald.a.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: convention plugin struts.xml interceptors
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:08:04 GMT

On 2016-10-30 18:53 (-0400), Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ________________________________

I need to configure a custom interceptor, so struts.xml is required. As soon as I add the
struts.xml, the following exception is returned:

> Oct 30, 2016 1:54:22 PM org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher error
> SEVERE: Exception occurred during processing request: No result defined for action net.codejava.struts.LoginAction
and result success
> No result defined for action net.codejava.struts.LoginAction and result success
>
> How can the struts.xml be configured to ignore the action or how can the convention plugin
override the struts.xml? Do not want to add the LoginAction to the struts.xml

> MG>use annotations
>
> @Action("LoginAction") // actually that is not necessary as it is added by convention
> @Results(
>     @Result(name="success", location="/Success.jsp")
> )
> public class LogoninAction {
> MG>
>

> Struts2 version->struts2-core-2.3.15.1

> Hi Martin,

It threw the same exception after adding the annotations; including my struts.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
	"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.3//EN"
	"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.3.dtd">
<struts>
	<!-- constant to define result path locations to project root directory -->
	<constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/"></constant>

	<package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
        <interceptors>
            <interceptor name="myCustomInterceptor" class="net.codejava.struts.MyCustomInterceptor"
/>
            <interceptor-stack name="customStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="myCustomInterceptor"/>
            </interceptor-stack>
        </interceptors>
    </package>

</struts>