struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Zepernick <Paul.Zepern...@healthsmart.com>
Subject RE: Struts2 Rest Mapper Taking Over Non Rest Json Result
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:34:37 GMT
Thanks Martin, it was getting to the correct action class buy it was not using the result I
defined in the action.  It was going to its own result implementation based on the fact that
I am requesting an application/json data type.  I found out that if I add ".action" to the
url it processes everything correctly and goes to the correct result.  I am not sure if that
is the intended behavior, a setup issue on my part, or a bug?

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Struts2 Rest Mapper Taking Over Non Rest Json Result

to control navigation why not map it?<action name="grid/*" className="org.healthsmart.NonRestfulAction">
GET: /grid/method="index"when you reference /grid/ struts will call org.healthsmart.NonRestfulAction
index method https://struts.apache.org/docs/restfulactionmapper.html

============or use DMI============
<package name="default" extends="struts-default" strict-method-invocation="true">
       <result name="redisplay" type="redirectAction">hello</result>        <allowed-methods>add</allowed-methods>
   </action>
https://struts.apache.org/docs/action-configuration.html#ActionConfiguration-ActionMappings
I would check struts.mapper.prefixMapping for normal "rest prefixMapping vs struts prefixMapping"
configurationhttps://struts.apache.org/docs/restfulactionmapper.html
if that looks ok as a last result you can implement a custom mapper which will read the URL
and redirect to correct class programaticallyhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/17697432/struts2-rest-plugin-making-both-struts-actions-rest-actions-work-together-but
Martin

the post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39593721/struts2-rest-mapper-taking-over-non-rest-json-result

> I am working with the DataTables JS library and am trying to write actions for the grid.
I have a api in place that creates the json for me already and I just need to stream it back.
I created a custom result to handle this, but the result mapped in the action never runs.
No matter what the result type, the REST mapper tries to handle it as soon as it sees that
application/json has been requested from the client. I have used the prefix mapping in the
configuration to have all url's using /grid to bypass the rest mapper. It seems to be working
in some capacity because it runs the correct interceptor stack and is using the @Action annotation
information to map the url. However, the result specified is NOT running and is instead being
provided by the rest mapper based on the stack trace I am receiving. I would like to completely
bypass the rest mapper for any actions in the /grid namespace. Have I done something wrong
in the configuration that is still causing rest to be involved in the request to those actions?

> Paul R. Zepernick
> Sr. Programmer Analyst
>

> Disclaimer: This communication and any files transmitted with it may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited.
If you received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.