struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Zepernick <Paul.Zepern...@healthsmart.com>
Subject Struts2 Rest Mapper Taking Over Non Rest Json Result
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:28:42 GMT
This was also posted to stackoverflow and relevant config information can be seen in the post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39593721/struts2-rest-mapper-taking-over-non-rest-json-result

I am working with the DataTables JS library and am trying to write actions for the grid. I
have a api in place that creates the json for me already and I just need to stream it back.
I created a custom result to handle this, but the result mapped in the action never runs.
No matter what the result type, the REST mapper tries to handle it as soon as it sees that
application/json has been requested from the client. I have used the prefix mapping in the
configuration to have all url's using /grid to bypass the rest mapper. It seems to be working
in some capacity because it runs the correct interceptor stack and is using the @Action annotation
information to map the url. However, the result specified is NOT running and is instead being
provided by the rest mapper based on the stack trace I am receiving. I would like to completely
bypass the rest mapper for any actions in the /grid namespace. Have I done something wrong
in the configuration that is still causing rest to be involved in the request to those actions?

Paul R. Zepernick
Sr. Programmer Analyst

Disclaimer: This communication and any files transmitted with it may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited.
If you received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.