struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to migrate to 2.5.2
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:35:21 GMT
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to migrate from 2.3 to 2.5.2 but I have two weird problem, both
> were good in 2.3 so they are maybe problem of Convention plugin.
>
> Let's assume I have two actions:
>
> mypackage.actions.LimitAction
> mypackage.actions.user.UserAction
>
> In 2.3 :
>
> http://myurl/limit.action -> OK
> http://myurl/anything/limit.action -> There is no Action ... which is OK
> http://myurl/limit.user/user.action -> OK
>
> In 2.5:
>
> http://myurl/anything/limit.action -> OK ... *which should be There is no
> Action ...*

Which action was returned? There is a built-in mechanism in the
Convention plugin to look for an "index" action in each package. Btw.
the Convention plugin didn't change so much comparing to 2.3

> And if I set in default action in struts.xml:
>
> <default-action-ref name="other" />
>
> <action name="other" class="mypackage.actions.OtherAction">
> <result />
> </action>

You don't have to define an action in struts.xml just to satisfy
<default-action-ref/> - <default-action-ref/>'s action name will be
used to find action in configuration (provided by the Convention
plugin as well)

Regards
--
Łukasz