struts-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Viola <nicola.viol...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts2.5.2 upgradingn does't work
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:18:38 GMT
Dear members,
I am a new user and I am really new in Struts2.
I am not sure it's the right mailing list to write.
Anyway I am trying to develop a little project and I would use Struts2.5.2
Everything worked with an old Struts2 version, but when I upgrade it on
2.5.2 I strated to have some problems.
I modified on my pom.xml the struts2 version and modified the web.xml
too so it could use the
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter filter.
This application is really simple, has only a home.jsp.

Whe i run the server I recive this exception:

GRAVE: A child container failed during start
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
[StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/GameRoom]]
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1122)

The stackTrace is pretty long and I am not sure I can copy all of it in
this mail but if you need more information to understand better the
problem I will copy more of it in.

I really can't understand where I am getting wrong.
I hope somebody can help me in that.

I am looking forward to hearing of you.

Best regards

Nicola