struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2: running processes/threads in background
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 05:44:59 GMT
>> "execAndWait" result should be sufficient for your usecase. I was
>> wondering if implementing something based on actors would make sense
>> but not sure if this will play nicely with Servlets.
> MG>could this be a solution to run struts with a Mock Dispatcher?
>
> MG>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proactor_pattern
> MG>is there a struts interface which can be used as Initiator?MG>is there a struts
interface which can be used as Asynch Operation Processor?
> MG>can we assume Actor AsyncOperation would be any method annotated @Async as suggested
earlier?MG>if so who would manage Spring
TaskExecutor..possibly struts-spring-plugin?

I thought about using similar approach to execAndWait result but
implemented with actors, with some small lib like this
http://jumi.fi/actors.html

Regards
--
Ɓukasz