struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org>
Subject interfaces with default methods on actions
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 23:04:59 GMT
I've been experimenting with Struts 2.5 and trying to simplify our Struts2
code by using Java8's new interface features with a series of default
methods with common getters/setters around pagination. But when I test it ,
the action's setter's aren't called.

According to this page (
https://struts.apache.org/docs/java-8-support-plugin.html) it seems like
the only supported java8 feature is:

   -

   Lambda Expressions in actions when using them with the Convention plugin

Are there plans to support other Java8 features in actions or has anyone
else tried using default methods with success?

thanks in advance,

adam

Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278