struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1 & Struts 2 coexist question
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 07:32:26 GMT
> Question modified:
> We are planning to migrate our application written in Struts 1 to Struts 2. We want to
have Struts 1 and Struts 2 coexist as we migrate our application. We have a few pages that
need to share state. Currently this is implemented in Struts 1 by defining a conversation.

> 1.       How do we implement this in Struts 2?

You ask how to implement conversation pattern?

You can use the Struts 2 Conversation plugin
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/Conversation+Plugin
or the Struts 2 ActionFlow plugin
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/ActionFlow+Plugin

> 2.       If we create some new pages in Struts 2 and older pages use Struts 1, can Struts1
and Struts2 can share/pass session information between them?

Yes, it is possible. I have no experience but you should be able to
check what S1 stores in session and use the same keys in S2 - you can
add a custom interceptor to translate those or handle user/pass.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/