struts-user mailing list archives

From Mike Guo <hongw...@163.com>
Subject Re: Jodd/Madvoc MVC framework
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 02:42:05 GMT

I saw your guys already have many emails about the result string, but I think it is ok, just
a little curious, any issue when we use string result?

Thanks

Mike

> 在 2016年1月26日,22:44,Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> 写道:
>
> Such functionality is already supported, you can return an instance of
> the Result class instead of a String and Struts2 will handle it.
> Though, it isn't documented ;-)

>> This is one of the aspects of Spring MVC that I prefer over that of Struts2.  The
return types from action handler methods vary and influences what the servlet handler is to
do after the action handler has completed.

>> The framework could be tweaked to examine the action method's return type and based
upon it branch and do various new features, allowing the result type invocation to be handled
in a more declarative way via code rather than XML configuration or annotations.

>> What Christoph presents here very closely aligns with the View based implementations
that Spring MVC expose.

>> I also think we're reaching a point that some of the struts2 plugins to support various
result type implementations such as JSON and REST should be considered for merging into the
struts2 core.  These result types have become a major way to exchange data in the past several
years with microservices, web services, and AJAX support that they should be first class denizens
in the codebase.