struts-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rksing...@hotmail.com>
Subject Facing Problem during Struts 2 Upgrade [upgrading from Struts 2.1.8 to Struts 2.3.24]
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 05:56:00 GMT
Hello Apache Struts Team,

Thanks for your continuous support and help !!

We are facing the below mentioned problem during Struts 2 upgrade.

"HTTP Status 404" error message.

We have done the below steps to upgrade the struts [from Struts 2.1.8 to Struts 2.3.24].

1- Replace the JARS:

struts2-core-2.3.24.jar
struts2-dojo-plugin-2.3.24.jar
struts2-json-plugin-2.3.24.jar
xwork-core-2.3.24.jar
ognl-3.0.11.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar
freemarker-2.3.22.jar
commons-lang3-3.4.jar
commons-fileupload-1.3.1.jar
commons-io-2.4.jar

2- Using "StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter" as filter in web.xml.

3- Changed the DTD from struts 2.1 and 2.0 to struts 2.3.

4- Changed the imports class which were wrong due to separation of commons-lang3 from xwork-core
.

5- write the <constant name="struts.additional.excludedPatterns" value="^(action|method):.*"/>

                      <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="true"/>
in struts.xml.

6- Build the Classes with ant build. and replace the build in our local Development. environment.

7- Started the Apache Tomcat server(V7.0.54) .

     Server started successfully.

but we are not able to open the application, Application context is not up, 404 error is produced
on the web.

So we are requesting Struts Team to guide us if we are doing some wrong steps or help us to
diagnose the problem.

Regards,

Rahul kumar Singh