struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Annotation example
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:34:29 GMT
> I did it ( put the relative path).
> Now the error is another.
> The web page has a redirect loop
> ERR_TO_MANY_REDIRECT.

Use incognito mode in your browser, Chrome does stupid things and
tries to predict user's actions :P
Or use

curl http://localhost:8080/annotations/

to see what you'll get

> I don’t understand what’s happening.

I had the same after switching to relative path, Chrom was playing
tricks but incognito mode solved the problem

> If i delete the /webapp/index.jsp and the welcome file list in web.xml then all it’s
OK

> I put in the browser
> localhost:8080/annotations
> or
> localhost:8080/annotations/index
> or
> localhost:8080/annotations/index.action
>
> and i can see the /WEB-INF/content/index.jsp
>
> I suppose that is because the convention plugin knows the name action index like an actionless
result so lookup into content folder to render index.jsp

> So the convention plugin works but something strange happen with sendRedirect.

You can open Dev tools in a browser and watch Network tab to see
request-response flow, some containers support /index action and you
won't notice redirect (Wildfly I think), Jetty will open index.jsp and
will perform redirect to /index action

Each container behaves a bit different like FF, Ch and IE8 :D

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/