struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OGNL Static Method call wrapper
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:16:04 GMT
> As the OGNL static method will be disabled soon ... we could use a wrapper to call those
static methods
> Do you think it is a good idea to add a method ActionSupport for calling the static methods
>
> So instead of @foo.bar@isValidAmount(amount)
> we can use callStaticMethod("foo.bar.isValidAmount",amount)
>
> In this way there will be no need to add different method wrappers every time we want
to call static method and we can update the code lot easier, The callStaticMethod (String
methodName, String... Parameters)  can use reflection to call static methods

> Please review http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28018861/struts-2-refactoring-code-to-avoid-ognl-static-method-access

We want to drop access to static methods because of potential security
issues, but maybe with the latest extensions of security mechanism
this isn't a valid point anymore - we will see :)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/