struts-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: Is the Dojo plugin version shipped with Struts 2.3.x vulnerable?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 15:01:37 GMT
> >> There's an S2-jQuery plugin, which for simple (and some complex) is a

> > solid
> >> replacement.
> >>
> >> I personally tend to do the JS stuff manually, YMMV.
>
> > you can find it here:
> > https://github.com/struts-community-plugins/struts2-jquery
>
> Thank you both for the helpful suggestions. :)
>
> Off the top of my head I would think that using a "regular" jQuery
> version (i.e., one that does not come bundled with Struts) would be a
> more flexible solution. Or are there any major improvements with the
> S2-jQuery plugin or major drawbacks with the regular jQuery library that
> I am missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Markus

A nice feature of the plugin is, that it provides jsp tags for all kinds
of jqery-ui widgets. You can see that in the showcase app:

http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/index.action

AFAIK is the main reason why that plugin is not part of the core struts
repo to be able to ship new versions when jquery/jquery-ui are updated,
independently of struts release-cycle.

If you don't want/need the custom tags you can of course integrate jquery
yourself.

regards,
Christoph