struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S:url and s:param and character encoding
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:20:09 GMT
> I had an issue recently with a download action not finding the
> corresponding file and you might be able to help me with it. The
> filename (on disk) was "Calendário" ("á" is the focus here).
>
> I am using the following s:url (Calendário is within the variable
> #answer):
>
>                                 <s:url encode="true" var="downloadUrl" action="Filedownload">
>                                         <s:param name="answer.id">${entityId}</s:param>
>                                         <s:param name="fileName"><s:property
value="%{#answer}"/></s:param>
>                                 </s:url>
>                                 <s:a theme="simple" href="%{downloadUrl}"><s:property
> value="%{#answer}"/></s:a>

It can be an issue in DefaultUrlHelper as it uses
paramValue.toString() (which means it uses server's locale), did you
try to use <s:param name="fileName">${answer}</s:param> instead of
<s:param name="fileName"><s:property value="%{#answer}"/></s:param> ?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/