struts-user mailing list archives

From Jim Anderon <jim_ander...@jjajava.com>
Subject Re: Hello World does not work.
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:35:34 GMT

Hi All,

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that I have worked with Tomcat and struts and I can now
run the 'Hello World'
example. So, I am going to close off this thread.

The bad news is that when it runs, the application gives a stack trace.
But at least I can run it
now. I will start a new thread for the stack trace.

Thank you for all the comments.

Regards,
Jim A.

On 07/06/2014 08:00 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

>> Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 09:41:36 -0400
>> From: jim_anderson@jjajava.com
>> To: user@struts.apache.org
>> CC: mgainty@hotmail.com
>> Subject: Re: Hello World does not work.
>>

>> JJA>  Martin,
>> JJA>
>> JJA>  I'm not familiar with $TOMCAT_HOME. Is this the root directory
>> where tomcat6 is installed?
>>
> MG>yes in my case $CATALINA_HOME which is where catalina is run and $TOMCAT_HOME
> MG>are one in the same..this may help when you are configuring Tomcat in Linux
> http://best-practice-software-engineering.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/technology/tomcat.html
>

>> JJA>  I did a search on 'server.xml' in both my /var/lib/tomcat6
>> directory and my /usr/share/tomcat6
>> JJA>  directory and could not find it in either.  It looks like I need to
>> tell tomcat to needs to auto-deploy
>> JJA>  and unpack the war file. This looks like it could be my problem.
>> JJA>
>> JJA>  I have a busy day today, but tomorrow I will read up some about
>> tomcat and war files.
>>
>> JJA>  Jim

>>> MG>$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
>>> MG>