struts-user mailing list archives

From "Etingin, Eugene" <Eugene.Etin...@bnymellon.com>
Subject RE: No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:19:12 GMT
The problem is that when I try to access URL http://localhost:7001/RDM/welcomeAction.do

I receive an error 500 HTTP

No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created

Thank you

Eugene Etingin

212-815-3393 Land line
646-886-7790 Cell

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Lenart [mailto:lukaszlenart@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:15 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: No action instance for path /welcomeAction could be created

What's the problem? Do you see anything in the logs?

> [...]
>
> public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
> HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
> IOException, ServletException { System.out.println("I am in
> WelcomeAction"); SessionInfo sessionInfo = new SessionInfo();
> HttpSession session = request.getSession(false); // HttpSession
> session = null; ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors(); String
> returnPage = null;
>
> try {
> if (session.isNew()) {
> session = request.getSession();
> }
>
> String userId = (request.getParameter("User_Id") == null ? "Guest" :
> request.getParameter("User_Id")); //String userEdit = userId ==
> "Guest"?"N":"Y"; String userEdit = (request.getParameter("user_edit")
> == null) ? "N" : request.getParameter("user_edit") ; String sessionId
> = session.getId(); long currDateTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
> Date myDate = new Date(currDateTime); SimpleDateFormat dateFormat =
> new SimpleDateFormat(Constants.DATE_FORMAT);
> sessionInfo.setUserId(userId);
> sessionInfo.setUserEdit(userEdit);
> sessionInfo.setStrSessionId(sessionId);
>
> sessionInfo.setBusinessDate(dateFormat.format(myDa te));
> session.setAttribute("SessionInfo", sessionInfo); returnPage =
> "welcomePage"; } catch (Exception e) { RDMException rdmEx = new
> RDMException(e); errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new
> ActionError("error.systemError.label1"));
> errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new
> ActionError("error.systemError.label2", rdmEx.getMessage()));
> errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new
> ActionError("error.systemError.label3", rdmEx.getExceptionTrail()));
> errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, new
> ActionError("error.commonMessage.label"));
> saveErrors(request, errors);
> returnPage = "errorPage";
> }
>
> return mapping.findForward(returnPage); } }
>
> web.xml
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>config</param-name>
> <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>
> <!-- Struts Action Servlet Mappings -->
> <!-- Note that because Struts takes the *last* mapping here as the
> extension to add to actions posted from forms, we must have *.do come
> after *.jpf. --> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> URL
>
> http ://localhost:7001/RDM/welcomeAction.do
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help
>
> Thank you
>
> Eugene
>

> The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail
or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do
not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.