struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Sánchez <ads...@gmail.com>
Subject CRUD through RESTful
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:16:53 GMT
Hello.

1. Nowadays: Is RESTful the most recommended approach for implementing
CRUD applications with Struts2? Or is it equivalent to old CRUD style?
What are you doing in your new projects?

2. Where can I find detailed documentation about RESTful with Struts2?
IMHO, current REST plugin documentation (1) lacks some deepness for
newbies like me.

3. I don't understand the mechanism of returning HttpHeader instances in
action (controller) methods. How does it work?

4. Should actions always implement ModelDriven?

5. Why not extending ActionSupport? Do I still have the full stack of
services ActoinSuport provides: validation, text access... ?

6. Is convention plugin required? How to do REST without it?

7. Example application 'struts2-rest-showcase' is not working: 'HTTP 404
- There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name orders.'

8. Plug-in documentation error above mapping table: 'Error formatting
macro: snippet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid url: must
begin with a configured prefix.'

RESTful way looks to me as breaking the usual Struts2 style, that's why
I miss more explanatory documentation, specially if your say that indeed
RESTful is the good way of doing CRUD today.

Thank you.

(1) struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/rest-plugin.html