struts-user mailing list archives

From Stuart James <ravenh...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: I would like help with the template theme changes in 2.3.16.1
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:37:45 GMT
Hi Lukasz,
That's a great solution, thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 14 April 2014, 20:03
Subject: Re: I would like help with the template theme changes in 2.3.16.1

I have posted the solution, you can simple add missing templates by
defining them under 'webapp/jquery/template'

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> Hi Lukasz,
> I have raised an issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4319
> and included an demo app.
> Please let me know if there are any problems with the demo.
>
> Thanks
> Steve

version 2.3.15.3 and the struts2-jquery-plugin version 3.6.1.
>>> I have recently upgraded to Struts2 version 2.3.16.1 and struts2-jquery-plugin
version 3.7.0.
>>> The application has used the css_xhtml theme throughout, defined in struts.xml.
>>> Since the upgrade, the HTML markup of the struts2-jquery-plugin (sj:) components
has been adversly affected.
>>> I have debugged the application and found that the issue is caused by the changes
made to themes under WW-4145.
>>> The situation appears to be this:
>>> The struts2-jquery-plugin has implemented custom tags for their components and
these classes will return the value of 'jquery' in response to the getTheme() method. They
do appear to correctly store a 'parentTheme' parameter with the correct value (in my case
from the parent form element) of 'css_xhtml'.
>>> The struts2-jquery-plugin custom templates are successfully found on the templates/jquery
path, but some of them contain 'include' statements, for example, the datepicker.ftl contains
the following snippet:

>>>  <#if parameters.parentTheme == 'css_xhtml'>
>>>  <#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/css_xhtml/controlheader.ftl" />
>>>  </#if>
>>>
>>> So, at this point, all is well, the correct controlheader.ftl template for the
css_xhtml theme is found and included, however this template (now) contains the following
include:

>>> <#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/${parameters.expandTheme}/controlheader-core.ftl">
>>>
>>> And this is where it starts to go wrong. The ${parameters.expandTheme} resolves
to '~~~jquery' and, after reading the WW-4145 change info, I understand that this will cause
the ThemeManager to load the template from the parent theme as defined in the theme.properties
file. This, in the case of the struts2-jquery-plugin, is defiend as 'xhtml' and NOT 'css_xhtml'
as discovered from the parent form component. Consequently, the wrong controlheader-core.ftl
template is included, and the resulting HTML includes incorrect <tr> and <td>
tags which ultimately break the page.

>>> Other than hacking the templates, I cannot see a satisfactory way of resolving
this problem, so any assistance would be gratefully received.