struts-user mailing list archives

From Manuel López Blasi <lopezbl...@conicet.gov.ar>
Subject Re: Regarding latest struts 2.3.x changes and issues with DMI and Wildcards
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:28:15 GMT
Thanks again Lukasz,

for question 1) Security issues: can you recommend some
modifications/actions/alterations in maybe certain
parts of the code, any advice on weak points we can focus in regardings
security issues?

for question 2)Prepare interceptor:  So there's no way of remove the
"prepare" prefix? Maybe other implementation of
that Interceptor?

At this point my intention is to make a compromise between security and
usability. Right now we are exposed cause we're using
and old version of the framework but on the other hand the refactor
required to comply with the last version it's just too much.
I'm aiming at use the last version 2.3.16 with action.prefix enabled and
try to add security elements in our code in the hope of
preventing attacks.

I know certain data can't be shared though this mailing list as it would
expose vulnerabilities, maybe we can talk through
other chanel, personal email maybe? It would really help us if you could
tell me some guidelines.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for everything, cheerz.