struts-user mailing list archives

From Manuel López Blasi <lopezbl...@conicet.gov.ar>
Subject Re: Regarding latest struts 2.3.x changes and issues with DMI and Wildcards
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:06:53 GMT
Lukasz ,

first of all thanks a lot for this hint, that is what was causing the
submit buttons not to respond in the way i was expecting,
it now fires up the method specified in the action attribute. It saved
us a lot of work not to say that we were about to ditch the upgrade
completely.

I have two more questions to ask so everything is completely perfect and
rounded:

1) Having the action.prefix enabled there's no intereference in the
securyity fixes introduced in the last versions, it should be all fully
working isn't it?
We have Dynamic Method Invocation disabled.

2) Whe a button is clicked so it fires the method specified en the
action attribute of the s:submit tag it seems that it looks for the method
"prepareMethod" where Method is the method i specified, it seems that
the prefix "prepare" is appended. Is there a way to override or disable
this appending?
Same goes for the method validate, it is looking for "prepareValidate" ,
i need to get rid of those appendings, since otherwise we would need to
make a huge refactor of
method namings in the project.

Again thanks for your help and sharing your knowledge, it is greatly
appreciated.

Greetings.