struts-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Reed" <ERE...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Subject Basic Application
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:18:53 GMT
Couple Questions:

Can a core developer please respond as to which lib's are required for struts 2 to function
on the most basic level. (No logging, plugins, etc)

I have the latest core, and it seems x-work... any others? (I cannot use maven)

Why does the struts project package commons-logging, and other third party lib's when downloading
Essential Dependencies Only? Lib's include google lib's and all the plugins which are obviously
not essential.

I have struts.xml under WEB-INF, how does the framework discover this file? Can this file
be placed anywhere in the project or must it be under resources, as per the examples?

In the hello world example, index.jsp is using a struts tag before the framework is initialized,
and throws an exception if left as the default run target (As most people do).

A couple weeks ago I noticed a bunch of emails regarding security, can someone send me a quick
URL to the discussion / resolution.

Thank you for your time,
Eric