struts-user mailing list archives

From jotpe <jotpe....@gmail.com>
Subject paramsPrepareParamsStack only populates pojo, neither String nor int
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:53:58 GMT
Hello List,

I build myself a custom interceptorstack. The core part has to be the
paramsPrepareParamsStack, because i work with an or-mapper.

    <interceptor-stack name="accessNavigationDialog">
                <interceptor-ref name="checkRoles" />
                <interceptor-ref name="navigation" />
                <interceptor-ref name="paramsPrepareParamsStack" />
                <interceptor-ref name="paginator" />
   </interceptor-stack>

In my action class, there are 2 variables:

    private User user;
    private String passwordRepetition;

POST Parameters are for example:

user.id=14
user.password=secret
passwordRepetition=secret

Everthing is working fine, if the navigation interceptor is executed after
the paramsPrepareParamsStack. But i need to execute it before, because no
navigation content is generated in case of error detection in a validate
method.

Is the navigation interceptor executed befor the paramsPrepareParamsStack
the user varianbles id and passwort are set proper:
user.id=1
user.password=secret

but setPasswordRepetition is never called and passwordRepetition stays
null!!!

The navigation interceptor only generates some html content and saves it in
the value stack. Is this no good idea? It's done in this way:

ValueStack vs = ActionContext.getContext().getValueStack();
vs.set("servicenav","<ul>...</ul>");
return invocation.invoke();

Can please anyone help me? This kind of error, raises a some distrust in
me...

regards Johannes