struts-user mailing list archives

From Michel Prévost <prevost_mic...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with tutorial
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:42:33 GMT
I am new to struts and going through the
http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/using-struts-2-tags.html
tutorial. I have a problem where a var is not expanded.

Ex:

		<s:url action="hello" var="helloLink">
			<s:param name="userName">Bruce Phillips</s:param>
		</s:url>

Normally, when hovering the produced link I should see:
http://localhost:8080/basic_struts/hello.action?userName=Bruce+Phillips

What I see is: http://localhost:8080/basic_struts/$%7B helloLink%7D

As you can see, the var is not expanded and the server returns the href as
is, instead of expanding it to the action="hello" url specification.

I run Tomcat 7, with struts 2.3.15.3.

Some suggested to use ELIgnored="false" and isELIgnored="false" in the Page
directive, but those attributes are not regocnized (Eclipse draws yellow
doodles under it ).

Thank you,
Michel