struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts1 to Struts2 Migration Support Query
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:32:08 GMT
Some people also setup two different applications (S1 and S2) and
migrate step by step.

2013/8/15  <Vijayalayan.Selvaraj@cognizant.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Sincere Apologies for raising this issue with the entire team. I'm not aware of the process
and not sure if I am raising this in the correct forum.

> Our project is developed on Struts 1.1 and has been running without any issues for the
past 5-8 years. As per the recent announcement of EOL for struts 1.x, we are planning to move
to Struts 2. As per the migration strategies stated, We are planning to use struts2-struts1-plugin
jar file (available in the latest 2.3.15.1) in our systems and for any new development we
are planning to use Struts 2 framework.

> With regard to this, we have the following Queries.
>
> If we were using this plugin and as stated in the plugin documentations, struts1 jar
will still needs to be maintained in order to function  correctly, Will there be a scenario
of support for this plugin is required, Can we expect any fix from apache to address the issue
on the plugin or struts1 jar files.

> As stated in the website (http://struts.apache.org/development/2.x/docs/struts-1-plugin.html)
 I'm not able to see the ticket specified for continued use of struts 1 tag libraries in jsps.
Can you please share some information about the latest status on this JIRA ticket.

> Also it will be good, if there are any readily available migration tools from Struts1
to Struts2 for JSPs or Java servlets source code.

> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Vijay.
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/