struts-user mailing list archives

From Cameron Morris <cmor...@part.net>
Subject intercepter parameters in actions
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:52:10 GMT
Hello Strut-ers,

When I override an interceptor's parameter in several actions, only the
last action's parameters are applied.  (Note I'm not referencing a stack,
but just one interceptor.) I was expecting that a separate interceptor was
created for each action or that the param would be set before the action
was called.  Here is an example:

<action name="action1" class="example.myAction1">
 <intercepter-ref name="myInterceptor">
   <param name="param">A</param>
 </intercepter-ref>
</action>
<action name="action2" class="example.myAction2">
 <intercepter-ref name="myInterceptor">
   <param name="param">B</param>
 </intercepter-ref>
</action>
<action name="action3" class="example.myAction3">
 <intercepter-ref name="myInterceptor">
   <param name="param">C</param>
 </intercepter-ref>
</action>

When calling action1, action2, and action3 the "param" of "myInterceptor"
is always C.  Is this expected behavior or is this bug?

- Cam Morris