struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: How to set the name parameter on a multiple s:select
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 12:18:34 GMT
I would have a setter on my action class that takes an array of ids.  Then the action does
the appropriate lookups, and sets the hydrated objects on the appropriate models.
You do recognize that the data you provided is ambiguous, though, right?  Nothing you stated
is sufficient to know *which* entity2 objects should be set on entity, just which entity3
objects you want those entity2 objects to have.  In fact, if you don't happen to get a number
of entity3 ids that matches the number of entity2s on entity, you've left yourself no way
of knowing how to proceed. (Remember, all you get is a (potentially unordered) list of ids
from the form submission, not tuples.)

-Dale