struts-user mailing list archives

From Alfredo Manuel Osorio Martinez <alfredo.oso...@afirme.com>
Subject RE: Custom error message per converter
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 15:55:36 GMT
Conversion errors are always reported with a default message defined in the xwork.default.invalid.fieldvalue
(Invalid field value for field "xxx", where xxx is the field name) but what I want is a way
to be more specific depending of the type. For example for java.math.BigDecimal a custom message
for java.lang.Integer another message and so on and if no custom message is found the default
is showed.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Alfredo Manuel Osorio Martinez
Enviado el: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:50 AM
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: RE: Custom error message per converter

Sure.

public class DateConverter extends StrutsTypeConverter {
    @SuppressWarnings("rawtypes")
	public Object convertFromString(Map context, String[] values, Class toClass) {
        if (values != null && values.length > 0 && values[0] != null &&
values[0].length() > 0) {
            SimpleDateFormat sdf = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
            try {
                return sdf.parse(values[0]);
            }
            catch(ParseException e) {
                throw new TypeConversionException(e);
            }
        }
        return null;
    }
    @SuppressWarnings("rawtypes")
	public String convertToString(Map context, Object o) {
        if (o instanceof Date) {
            SimpleDateFormat sdf = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
            return sdf.format((Date)o);
        }
        return "";
    }