struts-user mailing list archives

From Alfredo Manuel Osorio Martinez <alfredo.oso...@afirme.com>
Subject Custom error message per converter
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 22:11:45 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to configure a custom error message per converter?

For example I have this in my xwork-conversion.properties:
java.util.Date=mx.com.afirme.midas2.converter.DateConverter

Whenever a Date conversion fails in any action I'd like to show a message like this:
Incorrect format, expected mm/dd/yyyy

I don't want to define a custom message per property as mentioned in the documentation:
http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/type-conversion.html

"However, sometimes you may wish to override this message on a per-field basis. You can do
this by adding an i18n key associated with just your action (Action.properties) using the
pattern invalid.fieldvalue.xxx, where xxx is the field name."

Alfredo Osorio