struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom error message per converter
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 19:29:50 GMT
It isn't possible right now, only invalid.fieldvalue.<propertyName> -
you can always request the change via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

2013/5/23 Alfredo Manuel Osorio Martinez <alfredo.osorio@afirme.com>:
> Conversion errors are always reported with a default message defined in the xwork.default.invalid.fieldvalue
(Invalid field value for field "xxx", where xxx is the field name) but what I want is a way
to be more specific depending of the type. For example for java.math.BigDecimal a custom message
for java.lang.Integer another message and so on and if no custom message is found the default
is showed.

{
>         if (values != null && values.length > 0 && values[0] != null
&& values[0].length() > 0) {
>             SimpleDateFormat sdf = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
>             try {
>                 return sdf.parse(values[0]);
>             }
>             catch(ParseException e) {
>                 throw new TypeConversionException(e);
>             }
>         }
>         return null;
>     }
>     @SuppressWarnings("rawtypes")
>         public String convertToString(Map context, Object o) {
>         if (o instanceof Date) {
>             SimpleDateFormat sdf = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy");
>             return sdf.format((Date)o);
>         }
>         return "";
>     }
> }

can do this by adding an i18n key associated with just your action (Action.properties) using
the pattern invalid.fieldvalue.xxx, where xxx is the field name."