struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OGNL time sink - combining two variables with (&&)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:52:53 GMT
2013/2/26 Eric Lentz <ericlentz@outfastsource.com>:
> So I go to the OGNL website to make sure I'm doing this right and I get a
> 404 when I try to get the language guide:
> "The requested URL /proper/commons-lang/uage-guide.html was not found on
> this server."

I don't see anything like this /proper/commons-lang/uage-guide.html,
could you point me to the right direction?

> My feeling is that OGNL has always been the ugly step sister in Struts 2.
> It feels like OGNL, as a framework, has been a hot potato and nobody really
> WANTS to maintain it and grow it into the powerful utility it could be. Any
> time I have ever wasted time trying to do something that should be simple,
> I can usually point back to OGNL as the culprit. </my opinion></minor rant>

It is always a problem with dynamic languages which are compiled on
the fly ;-) And OGNL is the first class citizen, there was plans to
MVEL but it isn't sufficient enough ;-)
Did you try to use the debug console?
http://struts.apache.org/development/2.x/docs/debugging-struts.html

And your confusion can be related to missing links which are related
to migration process to the new CMS and publishing option ;-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/