struts-user mailing list archives

From Eric Rank <ericr...@lo-fi.net>
Subject Legacy struts 1 dtd's gone?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:36:37 GMT
Hi list!

I've got an odd problem related to an old Struts 1.2 application my team
maintains.

The basic problem is that the Struts servlet cannot load because it fails
with a "File not found" Exception

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd

This problem emerged in multiple environments (windows, linux) where code
has not changed.

This is what the top of the struts.config looks like

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.2//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">
<struts-config>...

The "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd" from the
struts.config redirects to the problematic "
http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd" URL when I try
accessing it through an actual http request.

The only thing that makes sense is that some time today, the struts dtd's
stopped being hosted.

What should I do?

Thanks,