struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: implementaiton advise on custom TextProvider
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:12:33 GMT
2012/10/4 Davis, Chad <Chad.Davis@emc.com>:
> So, I want to have the framework use my own custom TextProvider.  Since the framework
uses DI to inject such things, I've been able to have my own custom TextProvider injected
into the system.  Now, I'm encountering some other issues related to how to correctly initialize
my custom provider.

> ActionSupport#getTextProviderSupport() uses the TextProviderFactory to obtain it's instance
of a support object.  Since it uses the di to inject this into the factory, my custom version
is correctly injected.  However, I need to initialize my custom support object with a resource
that it needs to conduct its business.  Note, the default TextPRoviderSupport also needs a
couple of resources, and those are initialized in the factory's createInstance( Class class,
LocaleProvider provider ).  So, while I've injected my own class, there doesn't seem to be
a clean way to make sure that it's initialized properly.  Should I extend the factory to handle
my class and init it too?  Doesn't seem very DI-ish . . . hardcoding type specific init logic,
I mean.

> Or should I create an interceptor that will inject the correct resources into my text
support object?

ActionSupport base on property injections so you cannot base on
anything which is injectable - you cannot use getTextProvider during
initialisation time (construction time). You can implement your own
ActionSupport with constructor injected TextProvider that should solve
your problem.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz