struts-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Chad" <Chad.Da...@emc.com>
Subject RE: implementaiton advise on custom TextProvider
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:25:47 GMT

> Okay.  I'm following this path.  I've got the Spring Plugin in place.  And it's
> working.  I verified it by autowiring a trivial spring bean into one of my
> actions.  But when I try to create my custom textprovider and then have it
> used as the framework default text provider I'm getting some initialization
> problems.  Here's what I'm doing:
>
> 1) spring config
>
>  	<bean id="customTextProvider"
> class="com.mycompany.textsupport.MyTextProviderSupport"/>
>
> 2) struts.xml
>
>           <bean type="com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProvider"
> name="myTextProvider" class="customTextProvider" scope="default" />
>          <constant name="struts.xworkTextProvider" value="myTextProvider"/>
>
> But when I start the app I get the following error, thrown when the
> framework tries to create the text provider bean.  It seems like the
> framework isn't recognizing that I'm referencing a spring bean with the class
> attribute . . .

So, I have figured this out.  The TextProvider is injected outside the control of the core
objectfactory.  If you look at the ActionSupport class, you'll see that there is a lazy init
method for acquiring the textprovider.  It uses the default ContainerImpl, as injected ( by
type I think ) into the action, to inject the textprovider.  This means that it goes around
the spring object factory for this injection.

Not sure what to do.  Several workarounds come to mind.