struts-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Almeida <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject Re: Issue with maven archetypes - jetty plugin version 8 not refreshing JSPs
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:10:39 GMT
Hey Lukasz,

Does your jetty configuration match the ones I provided? More
specifically, did you remove the  <scanTargets> element? With
scanTargets you will see the JSP changes, but only after the automatic
container reload (so, worse case scenario in 10 seconds, as defined in
the <scanIntervalSeconds> element.

If you remove scanTargets, the page will not be refreshed on JSP change
in jetty 8 but will be refreshed in jetty 6! And reloading the entire
container for every JSP change seems like an overkill (and slows down
development process considerably when your webapp has session variables
and security).

Could you try the configuration without <scanTargets> for jetty 6 and 8?

Miguel Almeida