struts-user mailing list archives

From vsendhil <vsend...@gmail.com>
Subject getUserPrincipal() in Struts 2 Action
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:01:43 GMT
Hi,

Hi, I have a application in Struts1.x and want to use struts2.x
simultaneously. I followed the steps from the threads and have set up the
application.  But I have issues while getting UserPrincipal inside struts 2
action. (getServletRequest().getUserPrincipal()).  The principal object is
always null in struts 2 action.

My existing application uses Struts 1.3 and WAS 7.0.  We are using JSecurity
for authentication.  I am able to get the Principal object inside my struts
1 action.  But the principal object is null inside the struts 2 action.

Do we need to do any thing specific to expose the principal object to struts
2 action?