struts-user mailing list archives

From Rene Gielen <gie...@it-neering.net>
Subject Re: getText syntax for jsp tags
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 06:50:49 GMT
The key attribute is for simple resource properties lookup only, without
MessageFormat. The <s:text> tag is able to deal with MessageFormat in
particular.

In your case you could either use specialized properties in your bundle:

reject.to=Reject to
reject.to.larry=%{getText('reject.to')} Larry

or use the getText call in your tag:

<s:submit theme="simple" name="inspectorReject"
value="%{getText('label.button.reject',{'Larry'})}" align="center" />

or, if users is a collection to iterate over, containing user beans with
a property firstName:

<s:iterator value="users">
<s:submit theme="simple" name="inspectorReject"
value="%{getText('label.button.reject',{firstName})}" align="center" />
</s:iterator>

See also:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Localization
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Formatting+Dates+and+Numbers

- René

Am 15.08.12 03:56, schrieb Cozart, Michele L:
> I've been searching for hours but can't find the correct syntax for sending parameters
into the messageResources.properties file and using the resulting message in a tag.

> For instance, I have submit buttons that will say different things depending on the user's
role:
> Reject to Larry
> Reject to Moe
> Reject to Curly
> Approve to ...
>
> <s:submit theme="simple" name="inspectorReject" key="label.button.reject" align="center"
/>
> generates the button text of: Reject to {0}  if I add the parameter like, key="label.button.reject,
Role" I get label.button.reject Role

--
René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen