struts-user mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Including JSP page from a jar file that placed on /WEB-INF/lib
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:33:41 GMT
Standard JSP doesn't allow for compiling directly from a jar file.  There
are three options (that I'm aware of):

   1. Freemarker
   2. Velocity
   3. Java JSP Template Engine

Switching to Freemarker or Velocity can have other advantages (in speed
mainly), but it requires you to re-code your entire application.  Using the
Java JSP Template Engine seems to work pretty well.  I have been using it
for a while, and haven't had any problems.  I believe there are some
limitations with that template engine, but I can't recall what they are.
 If you want to try that route, add the following to your struts.xml:

<constant name="struts.ui.templateSuffix" value="java"/>

I'm sure there's lots more information in the Struts documentation.
  (*Chris*)