struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use <s:if> in <s:textfield>
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 15:06:56 GMT
Of course not; you cannot nest one JSP tag inside another JSP tag. In the
*body content* of a tag, sure.

HTML elements are not JSP tags, which is why it works in a normal HTML
element. (Side note, make sure you're aware of what things in a JSP page
are, where they come from, where they're executed/evaluated, etc.)

You can use <s:set> etc. to create new variables which you can refer to
inside S2 tags (untested, but relatively close, maybe?):

<s:set var="foo" value="'a-style'"/>
<s:textfield cssClass="%{#foo}"/>

You can also use OGNL's ternary expression, but IMO only do that if it's
still readable and not a million characters long.

Dave