struts-user mailing list archives

From Sam Cyrus <haminto...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with internationalization/locale
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:38:56 GMT
Hi,

I try to follow the Struts2 tutorial and I run with Java1.6 on Tomcat6. I've had a pair of
issues. The recent one is with internationalization using locales. For my Register.java action,
I have two properties files Register.properties and Register_es.properties for the default
English and Spanish respectively, each containing the labels for the chosen local language.

In my index.jsp, I have two links defined for each locale, as follows. But clicking on the
Spanish one reads from the English properties and the labels are therefore in English anyway.
Even when I deleted the English alternative, it continued to show in English. I cleaned the
cache in Firefox, cleared the contain of the English Register.properties and deleted the application
map in Tomcat, (I even manually deleted the war file from my project in Eclipse before rebuilding
with Ant) but no change:

<s:url action="registerInput" var="registerInputLink" >
 <s:param name="request_locale">en</s:param>
</s:url>

<h3>Registro español</h3>
<s:url action="registerInput" var="registerInputLinkES">
    <s:param name="request_locale">es</s:param>
</s:url>
sorteo</p>

Best regards
/// Sam Cyrus