struts-user mailing list archives

From Omar Ngarigari <ngarigar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to repopulate data on s:textfield after validation error
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:29:17 GMT
The default value is list value. For example, my code is as follow:

<s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
<s:textfield name="stateName" value="{#record.stateName}"/>
What I want is on validation error to repopulated data that user entered not the one that
comes with list from database.

________________________________
 From: Łukasz Lenart <lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com>

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: How to repopulate data on s:textfield after validation error

2012/6/15 Omar Ngarigari <ngarigarius@yahoo.com>:
> Please advice me on how to repopulate data on s:textfield after validation error. When
a user enters some values on the s:textfield or s:select fields and click submit button validation
error displays, the values goes back to the default not the ones that a user entered in first
place.

You must have something wrong with your code, as you said, it returns
to defaults which means you override what was entered by user.

Regards
--
Łukasz
mobile +48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/