struts-user mailing list archives

From Omar Ngarigari <ngarigar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 (caching, valuestack, etc...) problem
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:40:56 GMT
I added the scope to prototype in my spring beans definitions. However, the problem persisting.
I deleted my browser history and ran the application.

________________________________
 From: Maurizio Cucchiara <mcucchiara@apache.org>

Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: Struts2 (caching, valuestack, etc...) problem

Are you using spring plugin?
Looks like you are using a previous initialized instance of your action class.
If yes, ensure that the scope is prototype and not the default one (which is singletone)
Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse typos and brevity.
Maurizio Cucchiara
Il giorno 04/giu/2012 20.10, "Omar Ngarigari" <ngarigarius@yahoo.com> ha scritto:

Hi All,

>I have developed an application using struts2.3.1.2, but I am experiencing a weird
situation that I have bumping my head for a week now, but It does not go away.

>Scenario 1 - I have a query page (jsp) where I have to query database based on the quarter
date an input. If I entered a quarter that does not have data in the database, I receive an
appropriate error message saying there is no record found. (That is fine!).

>Scenario 2 - On the same query page,  I entered a quarter date that has record in the
database, then a report is generated. (That is fine!)

>Scenario 3 - This is where I am having problem. I click on the back button of the IE browser
to navigate from the report page back to the query page, and at the query page, I entered
the same quarter date that I entered at the scenario 1, I get the report that was generated
on scenario2 rather than error message as scenario1.