struts-user mailing list archives

From Srineel Mazumdar <smaz19...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts 2 Rest Showcase Example : Issue in understanding code
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 08:33:55 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Struts 2 and hence I am downloading the the samples from Apache
site. Struts 2 Rest Showcase Example is the one I am refering to.

I have the follwoing questions :

1) What is meant by :
@Results({
    @Result(name="success", type="redirectAction", params = {"actionName" ,
"orders"})
})

in OrdersController.java ?

2) Meaning of the entries in struts.xml:

<struts>
    <!--  Overwrite Convention -->
    <constant name="struts.convention.action.suffix" value="Controller"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.action.mapAllMatches" value="true"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.default.parent.package"
value="rest-default"/>

    <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators" value="example"/>
</struts>

3) a) How the code "understands and decides" which method to call
in OrdersController.java  ?
    b) We have *"return "editNew";" *etc return types . Where exactly are
these being used and how does the applciation decide which page to navigate
based on the return types ?

Regards

Srrineel Mazumdar