struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Higham" <st...@sjlt.co.uk>
Subject RE: Struts 2 Rest Showcase Example : Issue in understanding code
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 12:30:32 GMT
Hi Srineel,

I would recommend purchasing a copy of Struts 2 In Action published by
Manning. You're not going to pick Struts up by browsing through a couple of
examples.

Cheers,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Srineel Mazumdar [mailto:smaz19584@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 May 2012 09:34
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Struts 2 Rest Showcase Example : Issue in understanding code

Hi,

I am new to Struts 2 and hence I am downloading the the samples from Apache
site. Struts 2 Rest Showcase Example is the one I am refering to.

I have the follwoing questions :

1) What is meant by :
@Results({
    @Result(name="success", type="redirectAction", params = {"actionName" ,
"orders"})
})

in OrdersController.java ?

2) Meaning of the entries in struts.xml:

<struts>
    <!--  Overwrite Convention -->
    <constant name="struts.convention.action.suffix" value="Controller"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.action.mapAllMatches" value="true"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.default.parent.package"
value="rest-default"/>

    <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators" value="example"/>
</struts>

3) a) How the code "understands and decides" which method to call in
OrdersController.java  ?
    b) We have *"return "editNew";" *etc return types . Where exactly are
these being used and how does the applciation decide which page to navigate
based on the return types ?

Regards

Srrineel Mazumdar